calmversation™ learning foundation
Like a light switch that ignites a bulb, calmversation is a practical SEL approach that sets children up for success in schools.
About the instructor
calmversationTM learning foundation's online curriculum is designed to nurture and champion the natural curiosity of children.
Teachers are bearing a heavier load than usual during this time of uncertainty and instability. They have more important things to do than spending time creating SEL curriculum from scratch!
calmversationTM’s Back-to-School Care Kit aims to support educators in creating a safe, joyful and connected learning experience while lowering anxiety and apprehension as students navigate the COVID era classroom.
WHAT IS IT?
The Back-to-School Care Kit is a step-by-step program to support students navigate the return to the classroom during the pandemic.
WHAT’S IN THE KIT?
- 40 lesson plans that will be released weekly over a 12-week period.
- Each lesson plan includes warm up activities, discussion prompts, visual tools, and supportive guidelines.
WHAT’S THE INTENTION OF THE KIT?
- Establish new classroom norms and a safe, respectful, compassionate social distanced learning environment.
- Create a safe and inclusive learning environment through emotional check-ins with students.
- Set the tone for a safe space where students feel heard and are comfortable to share concerns and experiences.
- Provide a structure for covering social justice topics relating to race, privilege, and prejudice.
IS THERE A COST?
You can now enroll for the Back-to-School Care Kit at no cost until November 30th, 2020, thanks to the generous financial support of the Canadian Red Cross and Employment and Social Development Canada.
WHAT IF I’M UNCLEAR OR GET STUCK?
Join other K-12 educators in our Facebook group where we get clear, unstuck and inspired by each other in our mission to nurture and champion the natural curiosity of children.
THIS IS GREAT! AND FREE? WHAT’S GOING ON HERE?
- Welcoming Your Students | After an extended break, after a weekend and as a daily practise | Demo
- Ice-Breakers and Daily Prompts
- Different Ways to Check-In with Your Students | How to video
- Checking-In with Your Students | Visual Guide and Examples | PDF
- Exploring calm | How to video |
- Educator Guide: How to bring calmversation into your classroom
- Lesson 5 Introducing calmversation
- Hosting a calmversation in your virtual, hybrid or in person classroom | video |
- calmversation discussion | points and prompts
- Gentle reminders
- Lesson 6 Introducing Space for Thought Lounges
- Lesson 7 (Primary) Learning to "Observe, Reflect, and Connect" | Discussion plus Game
- Lesson 7 (Intermediate) Learning to "Observe, Reflect, and Connect" | Discussion plus Game